AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away from the forum for awhile so I apologize if this question has been asked/answered before. I have a HTPC with a Radeon LE that runs perfect. Unfortunately, my projector will be out of commission for a number of months and I now need a video card that has S-Video out to run to a regular TV to watch my DVDs. Digital Connection (I always check them first as they are tops on my list as a trust worthy internet vendor) has a Radeon (Sapphire) 7500 w/DVI that I was thinking of purchasing - will this work?

TIA,

jidelite

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I think the quality on all seems to be about similar.

An alternative to going through the trouble of a new video card would be to get an external scan converter. Those tend to work better than the TV out on a PC anyway.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Namlemez,

Thanks for responding. I don't mind installing new video cards (I usually GHOST my whole HD before any major installs anyway so I can always get my working system back). I was looking to spend between $50-$100 - can I get a external scan converter for that? But my question still stands, were can I buy a Radeon that has a working TV S-Video out...any suggestions?

Thanks,

jidelite

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Namlemez,

Well, I took the easy way out and purchased the AVERKEY iMICRO scan converter. It works ok but dark scenes can take a beating. I saw alot of blotchiness (color banding) as if I were using a card with 8 bit overlay or less. I guess it will do for now until I fire up my projector again or buy a HDTV...

Thanks,

jidelite

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.