AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at different rear surround configurations and I am about to pull the trigger...

Boxy bookshelf types for the rears cannot be used. They have to be wall mountable.

I will be using Polk 70's for front, Polk CS2 for center, have an A2-300 sub and a Denon 1910 receiver.

I don't want to buy too much rear speaker but I also don't want to buy too little. I realize this is not a high end system but I want decent sound.

So far I have looked at Polk Owm3's and 5's. I have looked at Definitive audio and a few dipole/bipole setups.

Budget is up to about $300 ish and i am thinking that is probably too much speaker for this.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Why not go with Polk Monitor 30s they are wall mountable and they get good reviews for their size.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru /forum/post/18168974

Why not go with Polk Monitor 30s they are wall mountable and they get good reviews for their size.

The 30's are still boxy and the wife would not approve. I need something that isn't a box on the wall: something that has a little style to it other than just being a box..

·
Registered
Revel M22 & C32, JBL P520WS, Revel W563 & Infinity ERS 110II, SVS SB-2000 (x2), Anthem MRX 720
750 Posts
If you could provide room dimensions and the intended placement area, we could advise on the pros and cons of bi/dipoles or conventional front radiators.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts