AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this & had a few questions. I've looked around on multiple threads & forums & couldn't really find the answer that I was looking for. I was hoping that maybe one of you could help me out :eek:.

I guess I should start of by saying, I'm no audiophile. I just enjoy good sounding audio. I just recently sold my Klipsch F-3 towers & upgraded to their Reference line. I bought a set of lightly used RF-82 II's & a RC-62 II.

I wasn't planning on upgrading my receiver, but I hate the one that I currently have (Pioneer VSX-1022). It was great at first, but now I can't even use my HDMI out without it overheating & causing my display to go black... I was able to solve this issue by buying an Optical cable & plugging that into my TV from my receiver, but that only limits me to 2.1.

So here's my question, what receiver do you guys recommend that I get for this setup? I've heard that Klipsch speakers pair really well with Denon receivers. I was looking @ the Denon AVR-4520ci & Yamaha RX-677. What I really want is HDMI 2.0 & don't want to spend more than $400 (I'm already over my budget & my GF is angry lol :()

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to this & had a few questions. I've looked around on multiple threads & forums & couldn't really find the answer that I was looking for. I was hoping that maybe one of you could help me out :eek:.

I guess I should start of by saying, I'm no audiophile. I just enjoy good sounding audio. I just recently sold my Klipsch F-3 towers & upgraded to their Reference line. I bought a set of lightly used RF-82 II's & a RC-62 II.

I wasn't planning on upgrading my receiver, but I hate the one that I currently have (Pioneer VSX-1022). It was great at first, but now I can't even use my HDMI out without it overheating & causing my display to go black... I was able to solve this issue by buying an Optical cable & plugging that into my TV from my receiver, but that only limits me to 2.1.

So here's my question, what receiver do you guys recommend that I get for this setup? I've heard that Klipsch speakers pair really well with Denon receivers. I was looking @ the Denon AVR-4520ci & Yamaha RX-677. What I really want is HDMI 2.0 & don't want to spend more than $400 (I'm already over my budget & my GF is angry lol :()

Thanks in advance! :)
"Pairing" is a concept best applied to food and wine. No such concept exists for speakers and AVRs.

You have some of the most efficient speakers on the market. You can drive them with just about anything to ear-damaging levels. Heck, 50 watts per channel would work just fine. But you'll get more with just about every AVR made today.

Pick your AVR based on what you want for features vs price, and click the "buy" button. If you can find a Denon AVR-4520ci for $400, go ahead and steal that AVR.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have yamaha rx-v467 paired with my Klipsh but after passing -15db it shuts off on me. So anything more powerful than that will do the trick if you wanna blast them.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
i have yamaha rx-v467 paired with my Klipsh but after passing -15db it shuts off on me. So anything more powerful than that will do the trick if you wanna blast them.
The Yamaha RX-V467 is rated at 105W into 8 ohms, which is pretty typical. The highest typical power ratings of AVRs would only be a tiny bit louder, like you'd barely hear the difference. Simply put, you won't find anything much more powerful in the same price range.

Something is wrong with the system or the AVR. That is not a normal condition or response. All AVRs have protection circuits in them designed to shut the unit down in a fault condition. Sometimes there's a fault causing it to shut down, sometimes the protection systems go wonky and shut down the unit without it being necessary. In either case, you've got something amiss.

Troubleshooting should be done before you conclude you need to replace the AVR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts