AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Over the summer, I got my hands on 3 used receivers from various people. I'm getting ready to move back to college into a 5 bedroom house and want two stereos, one in the common area and one in my bedroom. Out of the following receivers, which two should I bring?

1) YAMAHA RX-V659

2) Technics SA-EX400

3) Sony STR-DE197

I'm pretty sure that the Yamaha and Technics receivers are the best, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a huge mistake by not taking the Sony.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
29,058 Posts
Bring whichever ones you don't care about. Especially in the common area because many hands will be touching it.

The bedroom system you might be able to protect from abuse. I'd put the Yamaha there.

The Yamaha is a 5.1 receiver while the other two are stereo receivers.

The RX-V659 is clearly the best receiver. Keep it away from your friends.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ahhh.... brings back memories of my old college dorm room stereo: A Sansui from my parents with two Yamaha bookshelf speakers with crappy 8" paper woofers. I took it up a notch when I paired my mono VCR to it and my 13" Sanyo color tv! I played lots of Super Nintendo and watched Star Wars while studying countless times! Ahhh.... memories!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would take the Yamaha receiver, and team them up with older cerwin vega / Klipsch speakers. Should be able to win any sound off you guys may have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts