AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to get some advice on how to set up my speaker system with my rather unique arrangement in my basement. It's an unfinished basement that serves my needs as a place to watch sports and shoot pool. The diagram attached is how it is physically configured out.

I am powering these speakers off of a Denon AVR3802 receiver which has served me well since I bought it new in 2002. I currently have it powering the Front L,C,R channels and the sub-woofer in the TV viewing area. Now I would like to also connect 4 floor standing speakers (Klipsch RF3, 8-ohm speakers) around my pool table. I'm not sure which terminals I should connect these to - surround A, B, or multi-room. I want these to be able to play music when the TV is off, and to help with general TV audio when the TV is on. I'm not clear on what signals will be sent to these for various modes, as well as concerned I might overload and damage the amp in some possible arrangements as I don't understand the ohm considerations. Can it be set up so that when watching a movie they output the proper surround channel signal, and when I desire music they play in stereo. If so, to which terminals would I want to connect to?

An image of my room and an image of the back terminal connections follows. Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Putting aside the question of if you really need four towers around a pool table and how long they might last before a pool cue goes through a driver, I would use multizone as anything else will not provide full sound through the speakers.

I would personally get a pair of smaller monitors and mount them high on the wall directed away from the TV or better yet put a couple of ceiling speakers over the table. And still use the multizone outputs.

FWIWFM - Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts