AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building my first home theater and I am about to purchase the receiver. I have narrowed it down to the Onkyo 702 or 801, Marantz 7500, or the Denon 3805. I have always owned Onkyo in the past and have been very happy with it, but now I am leaning more toward the Marantz or the Denon. I read on this forum every day and respect the opinions here very much. So, help me out here, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
You may want to look at the H/K 635 or the H/K 7300. I believe both receivers are around the price point you are looking at. Also, what functionality are you looking for, Auto EQ, Video processing, ETC? You may want to mention the speakers that you are, or going to use?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The reason it will be one of those 3 brands is that I have a friend that has a store that sells them, therefore I get a great price on all the receivers that I listed. As for speakers, I am a little embarrassed to say that my fronts will be DCM KX212's until I can afford better, but all of the rest will be klipsch 3650's.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarkley3
Thanks for the reply. The reason it will be one of those 3 brands is that I have a friend that has a store that sells them, therefore I get a great price on all the receivers that I listed. As for speakers, I am a little embarrassed to say that my fronts will be DCM KX212's until I can afford better, but all of the rest will be klipsch 3650's.
I believe anyone of thoughs receivers would be a fine choice. I am sure you will get allot of feedback from owners of all the receivers you have mentioned.

Don't be embarrassed about your choice in speakers, there are only a few people here that have the "Ultimate System" and I can tell you, I am not one of them. Just remember, If you are looking at upgrading any part of you HT system in the near future, make sure your purchase of a receiver will fit with your next purchase or purchases of HT product; amp power, how many digital inputs, Room EQ, ETC.

Cheer's

·
Registered
106 Posts
All I can tell you is I'm very pleased with my Denon AVR-3805, I had a Yamaha AX-592 2 x 100Watt Integrated Amp before and it was excellent also although perhaps a tiny bit "bright" (mediocre pre Section methinks but i digress). I auditioned a Yamaha RX-2500 and RX-1500 with the Denon, they all sounded Great however I beleive the Denons Amplifier section is a little more robust.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Snarl,

I am actually leaning toward the Denon slightly. It seem to have a lot of nice features along with a few more watts per channel than the others.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
If you like the sound of Onkyo, try listening to some Integra receivers. I listened to the Marantz and Denon you have listed but preferred the sound of the Integra 6.5

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.