AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a receiver that has a lip sync delay to use with my Samsung dlp.

I will be purchasing new speakers as well. Most likely efficient ones like klipsch.

When looking at reviews and specs on receivers most of the time they fail to mention if it has a lip sync delay function. I am trying to stay in the $400-500 range.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yamaha AVRs have this feature. The RXV-657 can be had for around 350. I'm still trying to decide between it and the Pioneer VSX-1015TX (which doesn't have the audio delay feature). I'm in the same boat as you are (Samsung DLP).

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew about the Marantz 5500 but i don't have a dealer close to me that sells that line. I will check out the Yamaha and Denon lines. I have owned Yamaha in the past.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yamaha HTR-5840 ($299), Yamaha HTR-5850 ($299) also have this built-in, up to 160ms, which ought to be enough...

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I am not 100% sure, but I think all the current H/K receivers (AVR x35) have audio delay. Best way to check is to download the user manual. Go to harmanaudio.com. While you are there you may want to price the "specials."

·
Registered
57 Posts
The lip sync feature should also fix divx files on dvd players that go out of sync right? Anyone know if the Panasonic XR55 has a sync feature?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does the new JVC RX-D702B have an audio delay function? It just came out and I can't find any help on this question? I have a new Samsung HL-R6178 that has lip sync issues with my old Denon 3300 rcvr (Does not have audio delay feature). I want to replace the Denon. Any thoughts out there??

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
The new JVC 702 is quite exciting with teh HDMI. However, I cannot find audio delay ANYWHERE!!!

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura
The new JVC 702 is quite exciting with teh HDMI. However, I cannot find audio delay ANYWHERE!!!
Now that I've got an HD tuner I've noticed a few HD programs with audio delay. Before I got the tuner I only saw it on my Moulin Rouge DVD DTS soundtrack. (I can fix it with shuttling back and forth a bit.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.