Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I'm building a home theater with Paradigm Monitor 3s, a CC370, ADP170s, and a PDR10. I am curious if anyone has a suggested rx for this. I'm considering the Denon 1803, H/K 325, and Onkyo TX-SR600. I can't A/B the H/K with the Denon or the Onkyo locally. I've read posts about receivers being bright, or having more warmth, etc. In your minds, what rx 'sounds' the best with the Paradigms? The setup will probably be 80/20 - home theater vs music.

thanks for your time/opinions - Van

·
Registered
616 Posts
A good friend of mine has the whole 5.1 HT setup currently driving it with a H/K - he has all the Paradigm Reference series speakers. After spec'ing out & hearing my Yamaha RX-V1 - he will be getting one. It is sold as the DSP-Z1 in some countries.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I'm running a similar setup...

Monitor 5 x2

CC370

ADP170 x2

PDR12

And I'm pushing it with a Denon 3803. It's more than enough for my room...which is 19 by 13 with a cathedral ceiling. I can't stress enough how good the setup sounds. I listened to an NAD-761, the Pioneer 43tx, and an older Pioneer, and I have to say that the Denon beat them out easily.

Honestly, it's all in what sounds good to you. The HK or the Denon or the Onkyo...all of them are going to have different strengths and weaknesses. The Denon 1803 is supposedly one of the best receivers to come along in quite a while for one hell of a price. The HK 325 is in the same league. I ended up with Denon because it's what I've used in any professional setup throughout college radio and theater, and that's what I wanted. It sounds the most natural to me.

ANd whatever you do...don't spend too much on cables - get good stuff, but watch out for the inflated prices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.