Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had looked at these last fall and thought the 77 series (now discontinued?) was the table top version of the pedestal, correct? Which model - 68 or 78 or other - most closely resembles the "guts" and PQ of the pedestal and/or 77?

Should I be concerned w/ playing video games on this (lag)?

I'm a forum newb, but have read through the other posts already, but just can't find an answer.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSandman
I would've thought this was an easy question for someone to answer?
Any 1080p "68" or "78" series set is probably better than last year's best 720p. What you have to do is find them in a good display room and see for yourself.

There are other options coming like 1080p DLP sets from other companies, and the LCD RPTV "A10" from Sony. Also the Sony's SXRD sets with an new version of the chip that's in the Qualia 006 has a lot of people waiting.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think you are looking for a set with an HD2+ DMD chip.

Ken

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I wanna get caught playing the "something better is just around the corner" game tho. Isn't that always the case? Or is THIS corner a monumental upgrade in technology?

Thanks again.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Isn't that always the case?
With micro display TV sets it's true, but this is a very short corner.

Quote:
Or is THIS corner a monumental upgrade in technology?
That depends on you. :)

The HD2+ sets built in 2004 by Samsung, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, and Toshiba are all good sets. Each has it's own set of idiosyncracies.

The Mitsubishi and Samsung 1080p sets are in the stores now with others to follow.

This 2005 corner, to allow you to see everything, is about 1-3 months. By that time there will be talk about what will be announced in January 2006 CES show. That's a much bigger corner that I wasn't suggesting you wait for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just went through Samsung's website and cannot find the diff. btwn. the 68 and 78 series?

I've been reading about the 1080p sets and people do seem to think there's a vast improvement over the 720s. I can afford the difference.

I'm going to Tweeter w/ a friend who knows a salesman very well this Friday.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
I just went through Samsung's website and cannot find the diff. btwn. the 68 and 78 series?
The only difference is the appearance of the case. They are identical but intended for different marketing channels.

You can read all the collected information and questions about the HLR models in the first message of this thread.

Samsung 2005 DLP HDTV Discussion --- HLRxxxxW Models

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.