AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a familiar post, but I would like some recommendations from those who have been through this before.

We just moved into our dream house, and due to WAF I will limit our surround system to Bose sized satelite speakers to be paired up with my Velodyne VT120 sub which can be hidden out of site in the living room. In walls were voted down, as the wife instantly asked if she could cover the non-descript grills that would be present with something. Right...

Anyway, I am looking for something Bose sized but of significant sound quality for front/center and surrounds. Listening is 75 percent HT and 25 percent music. Would like to keep it under a grand U.S. but if there is something out there that will signifantly blow me away sound wise coupled with the Veldyne sub for more please say so. I am not real happy with Bose for music from what I have auditioned, it is okay for HT.

Just so everyone does not think I am totally P.W.ed ;) I do have a finished basement that will make a nice home theater with basically whatever I want. But this will be later project when time and $ allow.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Up until the last part, I was thinking divorce or hitman, but since she's allowing you that, we'll let it go this time. Haha!

At the store I work at we sell a lot of the Polk RM6700 package. They are roughly the size of the Bose 2-cube arrays, and are only $599. They are best speakers at my store in that size. I'm sure some other speakers are out there with very good sound too.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Eapiel
Anyway, I am looking for something Bose sized but of significant sound quality for front/center and surrounds.
For your requirements, the Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro's are spot on. First and foremost, they are a quality audiophile speaker and their size and styling is just the cream on top.

I use these in my own living room set-up with supurb results.

"The Perfect Vision" tested these not long ago and loved them.

Take a look at www.roundsound.com

·
Registered
698 Posts
I second the gallo setup!!!!Very very nice speakers. bm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.