AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which scaler are you using with it. I'm looking for a used unit (I don't want to use HTPC)

What screen do you recomend? (I want a 16:9)

Also, I don't have the luxury of a ceiling mount, and since the bottom of the lense projects at the bottom of the screen, how would 30" off the floor affect the keystone on this puppy. (I can adjust throw from 8' to 12')

I know that the 150 can digitally correct the keystone, but at some loss of resolution, soooooo.....

I'm thinking of mounting the screen upside down!

Can you pull the screen up from the floor so that the projector is aiming straight on, rather than aiming it UP at a screen that you would normaly pull down??

Would any of you recomend this idea??

TIA VB

·
Registered
423 Posts
I recommend an ISCO/Panamorph with the iScan Pro, and a Dalite Hipower screen.

This provides a great picture with my VT540, as well as the ability to provide a 4x3 image centered within a 16x9 screen without removing the anamorphic lens, greatly simplifying your setup.

An HTPC might provide a better picture, but at significantly increased complexity and price.

With a Dalite HiPower screen, projecting from a stand, the setup is easy, cost effective, and the picture looks terrific.

[This message has been edited by drmyeyes (edited 08-08-2001).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
NEC + iScan !!??

drmyeyes, are they FULLY compatible ?

(I'm specifically interested in VT540, but i suspect similar or even identical signal-compatibitity.)

A progressive 16:9 is scaled up to 1024×576 ?

No aspect-ratio hickups ?

A 4:3 centered within a 16:9... does it not scale up, or do you run it "native" ?

I'm a swede so the majority of my films are PAL, which in 16:9 would be just 1024×576p. Suspect you dont have any, but if you have any experience - please tell me ?

Is the "auto" mode reliable ?

Best Hakan

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tom, the links are great, and your theater is awsome!!!

Cheers, VB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.