AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the scenario I want below in BLUE:
HDTV >> HDMI >> Receiver

HD Cable Box >> HDMI >> Receiver (passing audio/video)

Will the picture quality be any different if I did the standard scenario below in RED:
HD Cable Box >> Optical >> Receiver

HD Cable Box >> HDMI >> HDTV (passing audio/video)

I'm just worried that HDMI ports on receivers will change the quality of the picture if the HD Cable Box and HD TV runs directly off of HDMI through the receiver?

For example some people say you get a better internet connection wired than wireless!!! Catch my drift????

·
Registered
635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solodolo /forum/post/16979557

I'm just worried that HDMI ports on receivers will change the quality of the picture if the HD Cable Box and HD TV runs directly off of HDMI through the receiver?

As far as I know, the signal is digital, so if you get the signal...you get it...if you don't get the signal...you don't. It's not like wireless internet, where you have better performance with a stronger signal. It's not like wireless internet at all actually, the connection is still wired the whole way.

I think you just need to be concerned with having a decent receiver, rather than doing any crazy wiring as a fail-safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdeuce /forum/post/16980316

As far as I know, the signal is digital, so if you get the signal...you get it...if you don't get the signal...you don't. It's not like wireless internet, where you have better performance with a stronger signal. It's not like wireless internet at all actually, the connection is still wired the whole way.

I think you just need to be concerned with having a decent receiver, rather than doing any crazy wiring as a fail-safe.

Thanks

I am getting an All-in-one Sony sound bar for my bedroom. It sound really good and is has great reviews.

Here is the product: - www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8800979&st=sound+bar&type=product&id=1206141458600-

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
As long as all of your components support it, it's best to go HDMI all the way.

CJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts