AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

i've posted a couple of posts in other places, but am finding that most of the recommendations are out of my price range. it seemed like this is the forum i should be looking at.

current system:

- 46' aquos 1080p

- verizon fios hdtv cable box

- onkyo 605 receiver

- nintendo wii

- cheap dvd player that will eventually be upgraded to the blu...

requirements:

- cannot have large equipment - part of better half's requirements

- would like 5.1, no 7.1

- black (easy enough, right)

- total price less than $560 shipped - need $40 for wires

i'd appreciate any recommendations or options!
i can't do the slow buildup process b/c my budget regardless of when is $1000 ($400 already spent on receiver) - this i can't change b/c i like sleeping on the bed instead of the couch

·
Registered
875 Posts
Plenty available in your budget:

Polk RM6880 or Polk RM10 (the same package with or w/o the sub, but RM10 are also available in silver)

the new Polk RM85 5.0, but will come with a free PWS10 if you buy it for $500

Boston Acoustics MCS 100

Klipsch Quintet III if you are lucky or Quintet II any day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinipux77 /forum/post/12917190

Plenty available in your budget:

Polk RM6880 or Polk RM10 (the same package with or w/o the sub, but RM10 are also available in silver)

the new Polk RM85 5.0, but will come with a free PWS10 if you buy it for $500

Boston Acoustics MCS 100

Klipsch Quintet III if you are lucky or Quintet II any day.

thanks for the response vinipux! if i read correctly, you recommendations would be either:

1) Polk RM6880

2) Polk RM10

3) Polk RM85

4) Boston Acoustics MCS 100

5) Klipsch Quintet III

i guess my questions would be, what order would you rank these from best to worst. i would prefer something with loud and clear voice quality and a sub that could make an action movie feel great.

the other question is, what is up with the big price difference b/w the quintet III and II? is the III that much better?

·
Registered
875 Posts
These are available from big BM places like Best Buy and CC. You must really listen on your own to pick a favorite. At that price point and size you are looking to compromise somewhere. BTW, I assumed you are looking at satellite packages, since you "cannot have large equipment". Define what you'd consider "large".

Quintet III is newer than than the discontinued II, but sound and performance have not changed that much. Keep in mind, that Klipsch and Polks (w/ the exception of RM6880) don't come with a sub, but many retailers run a free PSW10 sub promo with $500 Polk Audio purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts