AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm by no means an audiophile. I've been looking around for a set of speakers in the $50 price range to listen to music on my iPod and PC. I'd like to get 'em off of Amazon.com, simply because I have a gift card, but if I have to purchase them elsewhere that's fine. I've found these three here, but can't decide between them: (I would provide links but my post count isn't high enough)

Arion Legacy AR504LR-BK (Home Theater model - Amazon)
Cyber Acoustics CA-3602FFP (Amazon)
Logitech Z313 (Amazon)

Which of these would provide the best, most balanced sound quality and last the longest? I'm open to any other product suggestions as well, as long as it's around the $50 range.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I used Cyber Acoustics with my PC for years. Was happy with them. Always thought they were a good value. I like logitech for a lot of products, but speakers isn't one of them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used Cyber Acoustics with my PC for years. Was happy with them. Always thought they were a good value. I like logitech for a lot of products, but speakers isn't one of them.
How do they do for music? Or are they primarily meant for gaming and such?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I've had those Cyber Acoustic speakers for almost 4 years, so that might answer your longevity question. For $40 I can't complain, but you can't expect much out of sub-$50 speakers. The subwoofer isn't bad, but the satellites are anemic. I only use it to sample Youtube videos. I'd never considering using it for "listening" to music. Looks like the Arions have bigger drivers and more wattage, but I've never heard them. Same with the Logitech. Just looking at the three, I would probably choose the Logitech for myself.

However, if it were me, and I absolutely have to stay around $50, I would probably hook up something like the Dayton Audio B652 ($38) and a Lepai amp ($20) to the computer. You can find out how on YouTube. It's easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys. :)

Based on everything I've read, I believe I'm going to go with the Cyber Acoustics. I'm not nitpicky when it comes to audio quality, I think they'll do just fine for my purposes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@SmittyJS @crussader

I received my CA-3602's the other day, and I'm having an issue with them. At low volumes the left speaker produces no sound. At higher volumes they both work, but the left one is noticeably quieter. I plugged in my headphones through the control pod, and the same thing happens with them. I also connected the satellites directly to my iPod, and they both worked fine. It would appear that it has something to do with the control pod...

Has this ever happened to any of y'all?

·
The Village Idiot
9,627 Posts
You should have gotten the Dayton B650 and Lepai amp. Good combination.

Reactions: sdg4vfx

·
Registered
100 Posts
Get some free speakers someone is throwing out on the side of the road. Why spend money on junk? $50 and they don't even work right for a day? That's $18250 a year for something that is crap.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
@SmittyJS @crussader

I received my CA-3602's the other day, and I'm having an issue with them. At low volumes the left speaker produces no sound. At higher volumes they both work, but the left one is noticeably quieter. I plugged in my headphones through the control pod, and the same thing happens with them. I also connected the satellites directly to my iPod, and they both worked fine. It would appear that it has something to do with the control pod...

Has this ever happened to any of y'all?
No.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts