AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small room - no exact measurements, but I'll guess, 10' by 16' -and need to decide which speakers to use.

I have a pair of Polk 50, 60, and 70, and a CS1 and CS2 sub-woofer.

The original plan was 50 back, 60 front, with CS1; then I picked up 70's and CS2.

I just need to decide which to use, clearly I bought too much (unless I use all three pair for 7.1? Hmmm, does that make any sense).

The receiver is a Pioneer 1120. I think either is more than loud enough, so I guess it boils down to sound quality. Two uses, music and home theatre.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig234 /forum/post/20893956

I have a small room - no exact measurements, but I'll guess, 10' by 16' -and need to decide which speakers to use.

I have a pair of Polk 50, 60, and 70, and a CS1 and CS2 sub-woofer.

The original plan was 50 back, 60 front, with CS1; then I picked up 70's and CS2.

I just need to decide which to use, clearly I bought too much (unless I use all three pair for 7.1? Hmmm, does that make any sense).

The receiver is a Pioneer 1120. I think either is more than loud enough, so I guess it boils down to sound quality. Two uses, music and home theatre.

If it were me I would use the M60's Left Right, CS2 center, M50's for surround and use the M70's for 2CH listening. If you wanted you could use the M70's Left Right, CS2 center, M60's side surrounds and M50's rear surrounds although using towers for rear surrounds is a bit unorthodox. Either way get rid of the CS1.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig234 /forum/post/0

Thanks. Why would you use 60's for left right, and 70's for 2 channel music? Why not 70's for both?

Use the 70's up front, 60's as side surrounds, and 50's as rear surrounds.

I am not sure how your speakers are set up in your small room buts that's how I would do it... If you could post some pictures weight be able to better help you

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/20895989

Use the 70's up front, 60's as side surrounds, and 50's as rear surrounds.

I am not sure how your speakers are set up in your small room buts that's how I would do it... If you could post some pictures weight be able to better help you

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, we have a vote for each of three plans, rather than a clear consensus.

The '50's/60's for HT 70's for stereo music', 7.1, and 5.1 w/70's and 50's (not 60's instead of 50's?)

The place is way too messy for pics, but I could answer questions. The big problem with 7.1 which I otherwise like is the couch blocking right mid.

No one has said get rid of the only 'new in box' stuff, 70's and CS2, so I guess they sound better and are worth including, that much is agreed.

I was trying to decide that before opening them if I'd be selling them.

One question is raised in all this, would it make sense to use the CS2 AND CS1 for two sub-woofers on different walls?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.