AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be getting a NEC HT1000 in a few weeks and I can't decide which screen to buy.

I have been looking at the Da-lite Cinevision, Stewart Firehawk and others.

I have received screen samples from both companies and have viewed them with other pj's.

For all the HT1000 owners, what screen did you go with or if you could do it again, what screen would you like to go with.

I just want to get the best screen that will make the HT1000 perform at its best.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brandon

·
Registered
299 Posts
While I'm not a HT1000 owner, I have been following posts by member Guitarman. Apparently, he and others have had much success pairing up the HT1000 and the DaLite Hi-Power. The extra gain of the hi-power helps to give more punch back to the image of the HT1000. A quick search here using keyword "hi power" and author "guitarman" should yield the information you seek.

Best of luck with your projector purchase!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The high power is dynamite as long as your projector's light path is close to you, meaning it should be behind you fireing just over and close to your head to benefit from it's gain.

If you ceiling mount it then go with the Silverstar as it will to the opposite of the High Power angle wise.

David

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I have never seen the HT1000, but based on what I read, it is not a very bright projector. If your screen is under 80" wide, you would most likely be fine with a screen with a gain of 1. Anything larger than this, you would probably need a screen with a gain higher than 1.

to me, projectors perform their best when It is paired with the proper screen (proper size, proper gain).

james

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.