AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i am planning to purchase dish network system. i have decided on a 6000 for hd, but i want a second reciver for PIP, tivo use and for second tv. the second reciver will be in the same room as main tv. i am trying to decide between 301 and 4900 recivers for the second unit. i plan on slaving it to tivo so i wont be using digital output. i think the 4900 is uhf remote capable and the 301 isnt, this would figure into my using it for a second tv in a different room. has any one else been down this road, and have any advice on which reciver would be the best value for my system??

thanks

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Why not go with a DISH PVR 501? I just had mine installed Saturday and it's only $199 though Wednesday. I find it to be a perfect companion to my 6000.

With the Tivo you won't get to record the digital signal. I know people have ripped the 501 in past threads, but so far, I totally love it. With the new software upgrades coming up, it will have a 9 day guide and search features.

Having the ability to playback in DD 5.1 and have the image look as good as the original (not to mention being able to pause live TV) is a BIG plus.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already have a stand alone tivo, and it was a present from the wife for anniversary, hate to return it!!! besides i do like the way tivo functions, and i hate to change once i get used to something.

any other thoughts on which stb for second unit??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.