AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a 50" GWII, or a Samsung 50" DLP (5065 or 507 - they appear to be the same - right?) this weekend. I am undecided which to buy - leaning towards the Sony, but could be persuaded either way still.

I am in California, and these are the B&M dealers I am familiar with:

Tweeter = GWII and Samsung 507

Circuit City = Samsung 5065

Good Guys = GWII

Any others y'all are aware of?

Also, any opnions on which you pefer and why is also very welcome.

Thanks, and cheers,

Chris

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies folks. I just got back from Tweeter where I think I got a pretty good deal on a Samsung HLN61W. Man - I was planning on the 507, but I wanted an "N", not an "M", and I don't know when the N will actually be available.

More cash than I was planning on - hope I like the picture and features. Sure will be a huge step up size-wise from my current 32" tube. I plan on using it for music DVDs and some movies, and as a PC monitor (don't watch TV, no cable, no dish, no nothin'). Low hours, so hopefully my bulb will last forever.

I hear you need to let the bulb burn in for 100 hours or so before calibrating - is that true? 100 hours is more than 3 months for me!

Cheers,

Chris

· Registered
260 Posts
Magnolia Hi-Fi up here in Bellevue, WA the last time I was there carried the Sammy HLM series, the Sony GWII, and the Panny PT52DL52.

Not sure if they exist down in San Diego...

· Registered
856 Posts
Quote:
I just got back from Tweeter where I think I got a pretty good deal on a Samsung HLN61W. More cash than I was planning on - hope I like the picture and features.

Well....how much?

· Registered
1 Posts
I just got my GW II 50" from AudioExcellence (ask for Paul, the salesman)....lowest price and fantastic service. No problems with transport either. Their number is 1-888-810-0375.

I also got myself a Sony NS755V proressive scan DVD player.

I am absolutely thrilled with both pieces of equipment. Setup was easy and I was off and running in minutes. Don't have HDTV as yet but the picture on DVDs is amazing.

Wish I had space for the 60"!

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$4300, and I have a price match that should drop it another $150.

The other side is that I am not overly impressed so far, so there's about a 50/50 chance I'll be returning it before the 30 days are up. But I'm gonna tweek and try and get it to work better! Love the size after my 32" 4:3 tube.

Cheers,

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.