AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find entering text with a remote control tedious.

I purchased a Samsung 2013 Smart TV, with keyboard, but find that none of the third party applications support the keyboard. While I could enter my WiFi password with the keyboard, a netflix search is back to the remote control.

Is there a streaming media player that fully supports a keyboard with NetFlix? With Amazon Prime Video? With Pandora? I understand that Roku does not.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a ChromeCast and Galaxy tablet that are working wonderfully. Better than Netflix on my blu ray and smoother and less clunky than netflix over Xbox. Not sure about your smart tv interface but if you arleady have an ios or android device the chromecast does it for less than $30.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycenesbitt  /t/1508009/which-streaming-players-support-a-keyboard-for-netflix-amazon-pandora#post_24124617

I find entering text with a remote control tedious.

I purchased a Samsung 2013 Smart TV, with keyboard, but find that none of the third party applications support the keyboard. While I could enter my WiFi password with the keyboard, a netflix search is back to the remote control.

Is there a streaming media player that fully supports a keyboard with NetFlix? With Amazon Prime Video? With Pandora? I understand that Roku does not.

Sony NSZ-GS7/8 does. I find it is quite good to use. Comes with its own keyboard on the remote. But you can use others. You can speak the commands as well.

Only $129 on Sony site ATM, less on Amazon.
http://store.sony.com/internet-player-with-google-tv-zid27-NSZGS8/cat-27-catid-All-Internet-Players

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.