AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up some JBL L810's for rear surround, L820's for fronts, and the LC1 for center channel. I have been going through the forums on which sub is best, and now I am more confused than ever. I have about a $300 budget, more or less. The room size is 16x16. We use the system for movies and video games. Help! I'm so confused!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I just pulled the trigger on the BIC H-100. It fit the budget just right. Can't wait to get it and fire it up!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg23 /forum/post/12919029

Well, I just pulled the trigger on the BIC H-100. It fit the budget just right. Can't wait to get it and fire it up!

I hear nothing but good things about it, tell us what you think once you get it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got the BIC 100 on Friday night. Couldn't play around with it much because we had to go out of town until today. I did manage to set it up and play around with the settings and location a bit. I have a Denon 787 with the JBL L series LC1 center, L820 front and L810 rear for my setup.

I used the automatic setup on the receiver for inital setup. I think the sound is excellent, although I think I am not getting the most out of it yet. However, the bass sounds a little more muffled than I thought it would.I tried moving it around, and did notice difference in bass intensity. When it was in the corner, the pictures on the wall and the couch were shaking. The volume dial on the BIC was only at 3, so I needed to move it out of the corner!

My questions on the setup are regarding crossover frequency,phase, and the LFE and LFE+Main settings.

Crossover Freq - I have tried 60,80, 90, and 100 mhz, don't really hear any difference. Is this normal?

Phase - tried 0 and 180, again no notical difference.

LFE and LFE+Main - not noticable difference, and what do these terms really mean?

My overall impression is very positive, I am just wondering if I am missing something in the crossover, phase and LFE areas.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have the L820s and LC2, I have an older receiver which is set only at 80hz for small setting but if I could adjust, I'd set them at 60hz. JBL specs are down to 55hz for L820 and LC1. Set to small at 60hz, LFE only, usually phase 0. Let your sub take care of the bass. LFE+Main means both get the bass signals sent to and you don't want to do that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions. I will give those settings a shot when I get a chance to fiddle around with it some more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts