AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be using for pretty much movie watching so which is the one to buy? Also people were saying the A2-300 last month was $350 while it's being sold for $415 as of March 9th by Elemental Designs. So my question is, is it still worth it over the HSU which is $450? Is there a sub out there for the same money that's considered better?

·
Registered
123 Posts
My dad just received his VTF1 and it sounds excellent in a 14x14x8ft room. The black finish on this sub is immaculate in every aspect. It's just a beautiful looking subwoofer, and yes it's fairly large. For HT use it goes down to 25hz and my Paradigm Utracube goes to 19hz I think, I thought I would notice this. Well his room is 1/4 the size of my room but I'm seriously jealous of the sound this sucker puts out! For HT purposes I would be 100% satisfied with the sound in his smaller sized room. I really wish my girl friend would have let me save some money and buy the VTF3.3 for our room. But she was not allowing due to its size...

I Love HSU! I would assume if you need it to look nice that this sub is the way to go... Sound wise I have never heard the ED A2-300 so someone else would have to chime in, but I love this sub. Seriously I want the VTF3.3 for my room. You missed out on the sale... Wait or save money if you have to! HSU has earned my business for life.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
I don't think these two have ever been directly compared. The consensus seems to be that the Hsu has better sound quality while the ED has greater output. For home theater, many prefer the later over the former. I think both would do well in either respect, however if I were shopping for a sub in that price range today, I would spend a little more and get the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus , which should be equal to the Hsu in sound quality and more powerful than both in output. Don't wait too long though or the price will jump back up to $550.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The outlaw does seem alot better. Plus HSU charges $42 shipping. So do others agree with the outlaw over these two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts