AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
next week I should hopefully be getting my eD A2-300 sub delivered but am trying to figure out the optimal place to put it.

In the picture are the only 3 real places I can put it. the picture is taken next to my main viewing area. I was figuring A would be the best place to put it since the other couch isnt in between the sub and the main listening position.

What do you guys think the best choice of my 3 possible locations would be?

Attachment 192322

·
Registered
4,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve638 /forum/post/0

next week I should hopefully be getting my eD A2-300 sub delivered but am trying to figure out the optimal place to put it.

In the picture are the only 3 real places I can put it. the picture is taken next to my main viewing area. I was figuring A would be the best place to put it since the other couch isnt in between the sub and the main listening position.

There us no way to tell except to put it in each location and then try it. Does your receiver have any room correction capabilities?

John

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray /forum/post/19548633

There us no way to tell except to put it in each location and then try it. Does your receiver have any room correction capabilities?

John

Its an onkyo 608 so idk about that. honestly I doubt I would be able to tell the difference which is why I asked if there was one area that looked obviously better than any of the other spots. Not a big audiophile so dont think i would pick up on which spot sounded the best

·
Registered
4,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve638 /forum/post/0

Its an onkyo 608 so idk about that. honestly I doubt I would be able to tell the difference which is why I asked if there was one area that looked obviously better than any of the other spots. Not a big audiophile so dont think i would pick up on which spot sounded the best

It really is about listening to some heavy LFF movies and deciding what sounds tighter with good low freq. response. I had my sub in the front right corner of my room. This is often cited as a good spot and for many it is. However for me, moving the sub along the right side wall eight feet produced a perfect, and I do mean perfect, flat freq. response at high loudness levels. Trial and error really is a good method if you only have 3 possible locations.

John

·
Registered
8,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve638 /forum/post/19548576

Attachment 192322

Put that new sub on your listening seat and crawl around till you find the best sound. That is where your sub should end up.

·
Registered
411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/19549330

Put that new sub on your listening seat and crawl around till you find the best sound. That is where your sub should end up.

This will present a problem if its at the intended seating position, no?

·
Registered
4,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18628239 /forum/post/0

This will present a problem if its at the intended seating position, no?

That's where the sub will be so it can't be the best spot. He only has three spots so he should try those. The crawl method presumes you have more latitude for positioning.

John

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray /forum/post/19549420

That's where the sub will be so it can't be the best spot. He only has three spots so he should try those. The crawl method presumes you have more latitude for positioning.

John

Depends on how heavy the sub is, how big the space is, how big the OP is...you could always do a "constrained crawl".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts