AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My home theater system consists of 2 Polk Monitor 60s, a Polk CS1 Center speaker, and 2 Polk OWM3 rear speakers. They are driven by an Onkyo TX-SR604. My current sub was a Polk PSW-110. It blew the amp several days ago after about 2 years of moderate use. I am on the fence about the following 2 subs

JBL-ES250P and a BIC F-12. Need some advice as to which one I should go with. I like to watch movies and listen to Rock in Roll. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The more expensive of the two subs he's asking about is $250, so I'm guessing that's his price range.

What size is your room? Is the budget a preference or a necessity? The PB1000 is pretty much the least expensive sub that gets an unqualified recommendation around here. Barring that, you could get a Dayton SUB1200 or SUB1500, with not a lot of reason to spend more than that until you're looking to spend the $449-500 on the SVS. If you can deal with $300+, look to a pair of the Daytons, or a Bic PL200. $370 shipped gets you a Hsu STF-2, which doesn't seem like a terrible idea either (in a small to mid sized room).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. My room size is 24 by 20. Would like to keep the price less than $400.00.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocahoe  /t/1515280/which-sub#post_24297809

Thanks for the reply. My room size is 24 by 20. Would like to keep the price less than $400.00.

That's a pretty big room. I wouldn't be surprised if your PSW-110 died because it was having to work too hard in that room. A 100 watt 10" sub is not not enough for that size space.

My recommendation would be the Premier Acoustics PA-150. It's a 15" with plenty of output for that size room, more than any other sub in your budget range. Acoustic Sound Design will generally take an offer under $400--try $350 and see what they come back with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts