AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Onkyo TS-DX898 Receiver. I bought a Jamo Apollo 3 speaker setup about 2 years ago. Just about all I do is watch movies, and to be honest, I'm was completely happy with this setup. Well my Woofer died. I think it's a 10" 100 watt woofer. I need to replace it ASAP and want some recomendation? Can someone help me? I don't follow this stuff much anymore and I'm out of touch with what to buy. I've read good stuff about the SVS woofers? Guess I'm leaning towards that. I realize my price range is low, but I don't expect the very best obviously.

Thanks

Randy

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
You might be able to find a used SVS sub that falls within your price range. Also, don't forget the Hsu line of subs.

The HSU VTF-2 falls within your price range:
HSU VTF-2

I thought you could get the VTF-2 for less from other vendors, but I'm not 100% correct on that thought. Maybe, someone else with some experience with the VTF-2 will chime in here and add their input.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Within that price range the you could get an SVS 25-31Pci shipped. If you have a spare amp or receiver you're not using, you could save some money and go with the CS series. My brother runs an original series 16-46CS off a 100w Audiosource amp and it's very surprising at the level he can hit with what is considered to be a small amount of power. Even though the 25-31 is SVS' entry level sub, there's nothing entry level about it's sound.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yes, I also recommend the SVS. They sound very good for their price you can compare them to the Velodyne HGS series! Adire Audio subs are also very good value for the money.

James

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead and ordered the SVS 25-31Pci, hope it gets here soon, the kids and I are dying to watch some movies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.