1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
399 Posts
IMO if you choose the model with the dipolar/bipolar option make sure you have the right place to mount it. If its woofer and tweeters are pointing in the wrong direction you could end up hearing some weird effects, rather than the airy sound field that dipolar and bipolars are so good at creating. And btw for multichannel music discs like dvd-audio, DTS-CDs and sacds, not very popular I know but oh well, bi/di speakers can screw up the soundfield the music mixing engineer intended you to hear, and monopole speakers would be the right choice here.

That being said if Energy sells a large version of these speakers I would go for them. For surround use I personally do not like using speakers with woofers smaller than 5.25" (6.5" is better imo and 8" for really large rooms) because they almost invariably sound too small and worse, will not mesh well with front speakers that use larger woofers and will reduce the realism of the surround soundfeild. And your C-70s definitely use larger woofers!

·
The Village Idiot
9,560 Posts
I'm kind of partial to bi-pole di-pole switchable surrounds. I had a pair of Emotiva ERD-1s for quite a while but sold them. I've been using mono-poles for the past year. Next week I'll have a new pair of ERD-1s again. Quite a deal on clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts