AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SVS sbs-01 (w/12inch sub) or this kef set up- iq5(fronts) iq1(rears) iq2c(center), ed a2-300(sub)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Both those companies get good reviews. When you are comparing good products from good companies in the same price range, it typically just boils down to individual preference. What do you like out of one speaker vs. the other. The guy next to you might feel exactly the opposite. You should really try to audition them before buying. Get a pair of each and try them in your home.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys, I apologize for my lack for knowledge in this area. I guess the question I should ask is, if you had to choose between the two, what would it be?

Also, I was under the assumption that the Kef iq5's are tower speakers, does that mean not only are they more powerful, but better than the sbs-01's?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanqb /forum/post/14157782

Guys, I apologize for my lack for knowledge in this area. I guess the question I should ask is, if you had to choose between the two, what would it be?

Also, I was under the assumption that the Kef iq5's are tower speakers, does that mean not only are they more powerful, but better than the sbs-01's?

Thanks

If price were no object, I'd get the Kef combo. If I were on a tight budget, I'd go with the SVS. You may have a different take.

Just because a speaker is a tower doesn't necessarily make it better than a bookshelf. In fact, the opposite is often true.

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
If I had to chose, I'd listen to each before buying. If that is not possible, research the crap out of the choices and pick the one you think you'll like best. Otherwise, order a pair of mains for each company and compare them in your own home on your own equipment. Keep the winner, return the loser and order the rest of the package.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts