AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new t.v. and was planning on getting the 73" Mitsubishi (WD-73733)

i went to Circuit City just to check out the picture but all of their t.v.'s seemed to suck (picture-wise). The only one that looked good was a Sony LCD. But anyway,

I then saw the 61" Samsung. My original intention was to get a Samsung had my 55" Mitsubishi (4:3) ever died on me. Looking at this in the store - the t.v. is just really beautiful (not including the picture, i just mean the actual set)...

So, now I am torn between the 73" Mitsubishi and this samsung ( SAMSUNG HL-T6187S 61" 16:9 Black DLP Technology 1080p HDTV w/ ATSC Tuner)

I normally would jump at the Samsung - but the idea of a 73" t.v. is just awesome.

The Mitsubishi would cost $2499.99 - no tax , no shipping

the Samsung would cost $1899.99 + $100 shipping

please leave detailed answers as to why or why not (if you don't mind)

thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
73" has my vote.

The setup environement is so different from a living room in the retail stores and the bad setup way favors flat screens. In your home? The viewing environment usually favors the RP TV.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Samsung has 70+ DLP's also...

You can find a better price online for both TV's which includes free shipping... Keep searching for lower prices...

I just upgraded my Mitsubishi 55 Diamond series in November and chose the Sammy LED 61... I loved the PQ, Small foot print and relative lower price. I purchased the Sammy for 1/2 the price of the Mitsu it replaced!!! I love technology when it works in my favor...

My only issue when I received the sammie was the punny-god-awful speakers, when compared to the huge-rich sounding pair that came with the Mitsu... It bothers me so much that I turned off the internal speakers and fire up the whole AV system just to watch the news...LOL

Regarding the in store demo's...its very hard to gage true in home PQ...I too fell in love with the new XBR 4 and LNT -71... but it didnt provide the best bang for the buck and size i wanted for the man cave...ill see, in the next couple of years ill finally just go to a full laser/LED projector for my true 110image...but for now the Sammy is the best bang for the buck!

Good luck

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the 61" Samsung has LED.....does this make it a much better/smarter buy?

i really love the Samsungs , but SEVENTY-THREE INCHES! MY GOD!

I looked up the 72" Samsung but it is almost $1000 more than the Mitsubishi
($3300+ or something was the cheapest)...and then i read about them coming out with the 70+ inch Samsung LED displays...but i don't think i can wait...

I wish I could've seen a better picture in Circuit City...and I wish the Samsungs weren't so damn pretty lol

this is a tough choice....anyone else have any input?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yo Johnny

How bout you get the 73, test drive the hell out of it and if not up to par return it within the return window. I tried that with the 61 sammy dlp and the 65 tosh. Pro and cons for both of course but in the end I loved the bigger size and pic quality of the tosh better and the tosh was cheaper by 300.00

Hope this helps

Have fun!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts