AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
The seller is Rythmik Audio. It's a DS12 just like the Ebay description says. From the looks of it, it is based on the TC2+ motor.

-Robert

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Its an excellent sub as far as SQ goes. In my small bedroom (I actually have the servo version of this driver) it doesn't have any trouble getting a bit TOO loud using only its own displacement. At that price im fighting against buying a pair

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
At that price im fighting against buying a pair

Ex... your always fighting against buying a driver, or a pair!
har-har-har lol

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn /forum/post/12923224

Ex... your always fighting against buying a driver, or a pair!
har-har-har lol

hah aha this is true.

if only tuition for this semester weren't due so soon

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am looking for a driver to use with one of the 300 watt MCM amps and thought this looked good, but what about the 2.8ohm Rdc? Would that be problematic on amps?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyangryhappy /forum/post/12924445

I am looking for a driver to use with one of the 300 watt MCM amps and thought this looked good, but what about the 2.8ohm Rdc? Would that be problematic on amps?

Nope. It'll work just fine. If the Re was 1.8, not so much....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I take it that this is a good driver? At its price range how would it compare to something like a shiva-x or a dayton rss315hf if used conventionally as opposed to servo?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba123 /forum/post/12925097

So I take it that this is a good driver? At its price range how would it compare to something like a shiva-x or a dayton rss315hf if used conventionally as opposed to servo?

I'm in the same boat, anyone know how it would compare?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frkan /forum/post/12941345

I'm in the same boat, anyone know how it would compare?

Well, it would compare favorably.

All three have lowish inductance. The Shiva-X edges out the DS12 with regards to displacement by a tad, and both have a good bit more displacement than the RSS315. I'd imagine all three would bench test with low distortion (we've seen the RSS315 tested before and it performs well).

Any of the three would be a good buy really. I'd say the DS12 is a slightly better one now though, since it costs the same as the 315HF but can handle more power and displaces more air without losing much in other areas.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willd /forum/post/12943631

Well, it would compare favorably.

All three have lowish inductance. The Shiva-X edges out the DS12 with regards to displacement by a tad, and both have a good bit more displacement than the RSS315. I'd imagine all three would bench test with low distortion (we've seen the RSS315 tested before and it performs well).

Any of the three would be a good buy really. I'd say the DS12 is a slightly better one now though, since it costs the same as the 315HF but can handle more power and displaces more air without losing much in other areas.

what will said.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts