AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you see dlp coming to CR limit , at what value?

What about the potential of GLV, accoriding to Sony potentially infinite, but in reality much less, but how much ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,769 Posts
Roll up OLED screens! They will pretty much solve everything
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,999 Posts
Yes, OLED is being eagerly awaited upon. I want a nice wall-screen with something like 235,000x100,000 pixels to show something on. Of course, the video processing and scaling is going to be a *****, but ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WanMan
Yes, OLED is being eagerly awaited upon. I want a nice wall-screen with something like 235,000x100,000 pixels to show something on. Of course, the video processing and scaling is going to be a *****, but ...
I don't think 235,000x100,000 resolution is significant step up over current HD2 projectors.








;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there any indication that OLED will have contrast ratio in the thousands to one range? Also will it not be probibitively expensive with OLED screens that are several square meters in size?


Any current CR available for OLED? Has anyone with knowledge made predictions for future CR for OLED?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,999 Posts
ScottB, good point!!! Maybe hald my OLED screen can be LED's and the other half holes. That would reduce the effective resolution down to 117,500x50,000.


And no, its never enough!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,847 Posts
THREE TUBE THREE LENS LASER PROJECTORS



XANATOS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,718 Posts
Quote:
No no no.


Holographic HT rooms, I need to touch and feel!!!



I am looking forward to having my brain SDI modified for a direct input. No more of this Analog to Digital to Neuron conversion nonsense :D


Oh, and I am going to have my brain painted black while they are at it for the ultimate contrast level :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Free
I am looking forward to having my brain SDI modified for a direct input. No more of this Analog to Digital to Neuron conversion nonsense :D


Oh, and I am going to have my brain painted black while they are at it for the ultimate contrast level :)
Where do you plan on putting the port?:D


_________________________________

Palladin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,534 Posts
Hey, somebody forgot to add CRT to the poll! Yeah, it's not quite digital, but hey, maybe you can just have millions of phosphors weaved onto your screen? Nobody can see x-rays anyways. I'm sure that the glow-in-the-dark effect (GITDE) will be overblown by overly picky digital CRT viewers. Manufacturers will appease these picky people by adding lead-masking to screens, even though their concerns are obviously blown out of proportion.


OLED? Oh pshaw...it's ORGANIC for chrissakes! Ants, silverfish, flies, caterpillers, and beetles will be all over your screen, chewing away at the yum yum goodness of your precious OLEDs.


besides, your blues will look like crap (and don't they decay exponentially compared to the red and green ones?). Well, assuming you need 3 OLEDs per color (RGB), right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ohlson
Is there any indication that OLED will have contrast ratio in the thousands to one range? Also will it not be probibitively expensive with OLED screens that are several square meters in size?


Any current CR available for OLED? Has anyone with knowledge made predictions for future CR for OLED?
Each pixel is an LED (actually three LEDs). When the LED is displaying black, it is completely off. Since the denominator in the ratio will be essentially zero, the resulting CR will be very large. OLEDs now have lots of other problems that need to be worked; lifespan, speed, full color, active matrix drivers, cost, manufacturing issues, .... OLED has the potential to overcome all these issues but the bottom line is that OLED displays manufactured in quantity today are tiny monochrome things used for things like cell phones and pagers. HT screens in maybe 5 or 10 years (maybe not).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dhp
I don't think 235,000x100,000 resolution is significant step up over current HD2 projectors.



;)
I eagerly await Noah and Alan posting Powell's review of this machine saying the extra resolution is not really needed/noticable--1280x720 is sufficient :).


J/K guys...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,981 Posts
Jaime it would be a waist if we did not have the proper source for it. They cant seam to get what we have right. If they did we could have better images right now with what we have.


I would love to have 1080P with the proper source:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Free
I am looking forward to having my brain SDI modified for a direct input. No more of this Analog to Digital to Neuron conversion nonsense :D


Oh, and I am going to have my brain painted black while they are at it for the ultimate contrast level :)
Why not DVI/HDCP with digital-neuron converters?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,718 Posts
Quote:
Why not DVI/HDCP with digital-neuron converters?
Damn...I forgot about copy protection. I am sure the studios are going to want to incorporate built in HDAE (High Deffinition Alzheimers Encryption) to guarantee I won't be able to tell anyone about the movies I watch :(
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top