AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks I`m about to purchase one of these great receivers just don`t know which to buy. Which is the better one to purchase I like the price range and newegg has the onkyo for 799 thats a great price Yamaha has always built great equipment now they have the new Aventage line which suppose to be a great line of receivers. Anyway thanks for the help !!!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbal4 /forum/post/19595670

Hello folks I`m about to purchase one of these great receivers just don`t know which to buy. Which is the better one to purchase I like the price range and newegg has the onkyo for 799 thats a great price Yamaha has always built great equipment now they have the new Aventage line which suppose to be a great line of receivers. Anyway thanks for the help !!!

I had a Yamaha 1700, worked fine but you might want to listen to it with the speakers that you have. Speakers I had the combination was a bit bright. The last time I tried out a Onkyo the sound was good, but when ever the signal was lost as when changing sources or sound fields there was a clicking then a delay when it came back. I don't know if that has been fixed or not, one guy said he didn't mind, but there was a few times the sound didn't come on without so switching back and forth between sources. I don't know if it is an issue now, so you might want to check one out first. Good luck

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I`m about positive I`m going Onkyo I like the features and the price. I `m upgrading from a kenwood Stage 3 Pre Amp and 6 Channel amp. This combo cost me almost 4500 back in 1996 it was Kenwoods top of the line gear at the time and by todays equipment it`s just a paper weight all I have in terms of processing is dolby digital 5.1 thats it so I`km glad to get back in the game with a very nice receiver from Onkyo. Here is a quick link to one that just sold on ebay http://audiopreamplifiers.com/kenwoo...-thx-certified

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't know which of the 2 receivers is better but, in case you weren't aware, the current (I think) issue of Sound and Vision (formerly Stereo Review) has a very positive review of the Onkyo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.