AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small dilemma that I hope someone can help me with. I have Klipsch RF-63, RC-64, Rs-62, PC-13 ultra, onkyo nr-906, and 2 emotiva amps in a very open living room (living room opens to dining room, kitchen, and hallway). The PC13 sounds good, but I believe could sound much better. I was looking to pick either a SMS-1 or the AS-EQ1 for the sub. My issue is that I am not much of a techie and am afraid I might to more harm than good when tweaking the SMS-1 manually. If I use the SMS-1 or AS-EQ1 auto calibration, which one will likely yield the best results. Are either difficult to use? Also, in the not too distant future, I will likely pick up a second pc-13 for the room. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
If you are going to pick up a second sub on down the line and they are not going to be co-located, I would get the AS-EQ1.

The SMS-1 works well, but might not be the best option for two seperated subs.

·
Registered
30,800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgranda /forum/post/18248383

I have a small dilemma that I hope someone can help me with. I have Klipsch RF-63, RC-64, Rs-62, PC-13 ultra, onkyo nr-906, and 2 emotiva amps in a very open living room (living room opens to dining room, kitchen, and hallway). The PC13 sounds good, but I believe could sound much better. I was looking to pick either a SMS-1 or the AS-EQ1 for the sub. My issue is that I am not much of a techie and am afraid I might to more harm than good when tweaking the SMS-1 manually. If I use the SMS-1 or AS-EQ1 auto calibration, which one will likely yield the best results. Are either difficult to use? Also, in the not too distant future, I will likely pick up a second pc-13 for the room. Thanks.

Read the reviews. The SMS-1 is much less capable in auto mode than in manual mode and less than the AS-EQ1.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgranda /forum/post/18248383

If I use the SMS-1 or AS-EQ1 auto calibration

Like Kal said, the automatic mode in SMS-1 is not so good, so don't buy it if you have only these to pick from. (Have you heard of Anti-Mode 8033? Fully automatic, does not need a computer to set up.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts