AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the 50H81 at Best Buy tonight, and was extremely impressed. The salesman told me about the new 57H81 for only $500 more, but of course they don't have them on the floor. After reading lots on here and elsewhere on the web, I'm leaning toward the 57H81, but wondering if the 57HX81 is worth the wait for the non-glare screen?

Also, has anyone seen the 65" model? I'm curious how good the picture is on something that large.

Someone mentioned viewing distance -- is this important, and if so, any suggested rules of thumb?

Finally, how does 4:3 look on the 57 and/or 65? It looked great on the 50.

Thanks for your help!

Ryan

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I have the Toshiba TW65X81, which is the 2000 version. The 65" is really great. It gives a movie quality to your television watching. I sit 9' from the screen but my son sometimes pulls the couch to 6' to get an even larger apparent picture. The 4x3 SD is acceptable from a good source. In my opinion larger is better.

Rick

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm with Rick! I have the 65", and I love it! As long as you have a big enough room to sit far enough back, it's a great piece of equipment. My couch is about 7' back, and that works very well.

------------------

We ALL deserve equal access to justice.
http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/t_evansen

·
Registered
78 Posts
I believe the hx offers more than just a non-glare screen. I believe it is supposed to have better tubes, Pegasus II crts, how much better is another question.

In the same boat,

Ed

------------------

Edward L. Nemil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.