AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisler33 /forum/post/20863483

thanks. what about the local dimming for that tv can it be turned off?

Samsung no longer makes a local dimming TV. I think you may be confusing local dimming with auto dimming. As for auto dimming, it's my understanding that you may be able to turn it off, but you may have to access the service menu to accomplish that.

And, accessing the service menu is not recommended for newbies or technical dumba$$e$ like me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/20863502

Samsung no longer makes a local dimming TV. I think you may be confusing local dimming with auto dimming. As for auto dimming, it's my understanding that you may be able to turn it off, but you may have to access the service menu to accomplish that.

And, accessing the service menu is not recommended for newbies or technical dumba$$e$ like me.

ok thanks i had a Samsung UN55C6500 and the blur while watching sports was horrible and i had to return it so i am hesitant to buy anotehr LED TV. Not sure how much an improvement the 2011's are.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisler33 /forum/post/20863523

ok thanks i had a Samsung UN55C6500 and the blur while watching sports was horrible and i had to return it so i am hesitant to buy anotehr LED TV. Not sure how much an improvement the 2011's are.

I would look at the Sony sets, personally.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
It's important to know that a lot of, if not most of, the "blur during sports" is caused by overcompression of the digital signal, which no tv can "fix".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.