AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am mounting on my wall in living room and there is a lot of light in this room. I have a Samsung plasma now and I am not happy because of all the reflections off the windows and light that hits the screen washes out picture and adds too much glare. I am thinking that the Sony is probably the best choice because it is LCD and they are usually better in bright rooms.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Plasmas tend to have a glossy screen, which gives excellent blacks but can cause reflection problems.

I'd say if you can afford it, consider the Sony XBR8 -- Near Kuro blacks with a matte screen.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Lantern /forum/post/15456797

Plasmas tend to have a glossy screen, which gives excellent blacks but can cause reflection problems.

I'd say if you can afford it, consider the Sony XBR8 -- Near Kuro blacks with a matte screen.

The LED LCD is definitely nice but I am only considering one of the three I listed because my price point right now is $2500 for this upgrade and I am can get any of these three in that range.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The Kuro is the best out of those three, but won't have as many picture tweaking options. Just an FYI.

LCD is usually very good in daylight viewing, but the Kuro has a pretty solid anti-reflective screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts