AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wondering which plasma to get,i need it about 46-50 size,will be connecting xbox 360(hdmi),sattlite tv(s video) and xbox1(component) i want one thats not a super bright set.easy on the eyes and pretty good picture quailty.

·
Premium Member
18,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsfreak /forum/post/20811998

hi i was wondering which plasma to get,i need it about 46-50 size,will be connecting xbox 360(hdmi),sattlite tv(s video) and xbox1(component) i want one thats not a super bright set.easy on the eyes and pretty good picture quailty.

The only 46" Plasma is a Panasonic, and the best 46" Panasonic is the ST30 series (they also make a 50 incher). The next step up would be a 50" GT30.

A comparable Samsung would be the PND7000 series (available in 51") or maybe the PND6500 series.

There are dedicated threads about these models, and various comparison threads as well. Personally i would not consider anything lower than the above models.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am quite happy with my LG 50PV450. It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles but it does do a great job (IMHO) as a display. The people in the PV450 thread have mentioned it has essentially no issues with image retention (including some people who game on it for several hours a day).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will a composite device or roku 2 basic sdtv stuff look good on the panasonic 46 st30 or will i need hdmi hi def devices like blu ray for the tv to really shine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts