Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panasonic TC-P50G10

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a budget of $1500, and I'm deciding between these sets. It's for a bedroom without too much direct light. Main uses will be watching movies/sports and PS3. The seating distance is around 10 feet. Pretty much narrowed it down between these two sets... although I see that the Panny 54G10 is hovering just over $1500 at some places.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I hear you can play blurays at 60hz, and this doesn't induce the flicker present at 48hz. I'd be willing to step up to the 54G10, but the 58B650 is a bit out of my price range. So between the 54G10 and the 50B650...?

·
Registered
138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thedoubleg /forum/post/17045302

I realize the G10 is a great plasma and gets amazing reviews, but with its poort 24p processing at 48hz, wouldnt that pose a problem for blurays and sports compared to B650?

24p processing is only for Blu-ray film-based material (not sports), and not everyone notices or cares about the difference between 48 Hz vs 60 Hz.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin269 /forum/post/17045251

Why list the G10 instead of the G15? Most places will sell them for the same price if you try...

Aside from two purely cosmetic differences, the G15 is exactly the same as the G10.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just took possession of a 54G10 yesterday that I purchased for a little under $1,600. Absolutely incredible TV.

I was on the fence about the 24p thing and I honestly don't think I could tell what it is unless you had two TVs side-by-side and cued up to the right kind of scene. After thinking about this issue a lot, let me tell you - Don't sweat it.

Also, I was unsure about moving up to 54" from 50". Sooooooo glad I got the bigger screen!

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Mac /forum/post/17066406

Just took possession of a 54G10 yesterday that I purchased for a little under $1,600. Absolutely incredible TV.

I was on the fence about the 24p thing and I honestly don't think I could tell what it is unless you had two TVs side-by-side and cued up to the right kind of scene. After thinking about this issue a lot, let me tell you - Don't sweat it.

Also, I was unsure about moving up to 54" from 50". Sooooooo glad I got the bigger screen!

T-Mac, I guess I'm in a similar situation as you were. I am trying to decide between the B650 and the G10 series. G10 looks like the better choice (for my darker room), despite the lack of 1080/24 @ 96hz, looks like it's not a big deal.

Now between the 50 and 54" G10: the price difference is only $260 or so, does it justify the the increase in size? Also, as I've been looking at the reviews -- looks like 54" gets higher scores/stars than the 50", from end users; but that could be due to more people buying the 50" (so, the population is not the same). My logic tells me that they should be the same, but who knows...

Does anyone know if the 54" has better PQ/Blacks/color/etc., than the 50"? I noticed that CNET didn't combine the 54" with their review of the 42/46/50. Did any site do a review of 50" and 54" side-by-side?

Thanks all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts