AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am in need of a new tv. I currently have a 32 Vizio plasma. I am moving into a new house and looking to upgrade to a bigger and better tv. I'm looking something between 42-50 inches. I really don't know too much about tvs. I know there is LED LCD and Plasma. I don't want 3D and my blue ray has wifi so no smart tv. I just want your basic tv. I am a college student majoring in sports broadcasting so I am a huge sports fan. Sports, some gaming, and blue rays. My budget I would like to keep it under 750 but I can go over a little if needed. Any advice would be great because I have no clue. Thanks all

·
Registered
600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregward93  /t/1461232/which-tv#post_23032385

Ok, so I am in need of a new tv. I currently have a 32 Vizio plasma. I am moving into a new house and looking to upgrade to a bigger and better tv. I'm looking something between 42-50 inches. I really don't know too much about tvs. I know there is LED LCD and Plasma. I don't want 3D and my blue ray has wifi so no smart tv. I just want your basic tv. I am a college student majoring in sports broadcasting so I am a huge sports fan. Sports, some gaming, and blue rays. My budget I would like to keep it under 750 but I can go over a little if needed. Any advice would be great because I have no clue. Thanks all

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the above post about the 47LS4500, regardless of the reviews on BBY.com, the LS4500 is a mediocre FP at best and you can find others in that price range that the LS4500 wouldn't even hold a candle too.

The 50U50 from Panasonic is priced at $549 and is a night and day better choice. To me, if you love sports, the no brainer is doing a PDP, not an LCD.

The new 2013 Panasonics are beginning to ship so I'd possibly consider looking at the S60. The 50" is going to have an MSRP of $829.

·
Banned
10,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozthatat  /t/1461232/which-tv/0_100#post_23032588

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the above post about the 47LS4500, regardless of the reviews on BBY.com, the LS4500 is a mediocre FP at best and you can find others in that price range that the LS4500 wouldn't even hold a candle too.

The 50U50 from Panasonic is priced at $549 and is a night and day better choice. To me, if you love sports, the no brainer is doing a PDP, not an LCD.

The new 2013 Panasonics are beginning to ship so I'd possibly consider looking at the S60. The 50" is going to have an MSRP of $829.

I would definitely bypass the LS4500, and the nature of PDP is absolutely superior for sports motion, but I'm guessing a college student isn't likely to have a very controlled lighting situation (at least I certainly didn't when I was that age). I'm wondering, are there any LED's that have half-competent "motion flow" style scanning at this price range?

·
Registered
600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024  /t/1461232/which-tv#post_23042575

I would definitely bypass the LS4500, and the nature of PDP is absolutely superior for sports motion, but I'm guessing a college student isn't likely to have a very controlled lighting situation (at least I certainly didn't when I was that age). I'm wondering, are there any LED's that have half-competent "motion flow" style scanning at this price range?

I think the short answer for the half-competent motion style handling in the price range, is no.

·
Banned
10,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozthatat  /t/1461232/which-tv/0_100#post_23043340

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024  /t/1461232/which-tv#post_23042575

I think the short answer for the half-competent motion style handling in the price range, is no.

I found that to be true as well. : - /

1 - 6 of 6 Posts