AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what would be the more practical/recommended fit for a Polk CSi5 center that has regular binding posts in the back, its not banana plug friendly.

Does it even matter which type to use? These will be for the back of the center only, not for the receiver, and only need one pair. 3 pairs if I want to do the tower surrounds, but i'm looking into getting other surrounds hopefully soon.

I'm looking at these spade type

Or these pin type

·
Registered
498 Posts
Doesn't matter as far as sound, its to keep the copper strands neat.

I would pick the spades just because I can get a more snug connection. Pins always loosen up on me, its got such a small surface area in screw connectors.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/20868851

Why are those not banana friendly? They fit right into the back of the terminal.

I do like the look of the spades though.

The speaker inputs have a sealed top, plastic covering. I could have swore they were banana plug friendly, and even got a few extras to use for it, but to my suprise, nope. I even checked the manual. Page 4.

Annnnnnnd now i fel like a complete idiot. No worries, this is completely normal.

RIGHT NEXT to where it shows the speaker wire instructions it says this:

Quote:
To use Banana Plugs

(US only):

Carefully pry out the binding post plugs

to expose banana plug holes.

(This is for US owners only.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.