Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

Can anyone give me some recommendations regarding the choice of a ultra low noise PSU (@ about 300W) for a HTPC?

I have been looking for Enermax, Antec and Thermaltake, but have not been able to compare them.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I have gone for the Fortron modified with a Verax fan, the one listed in the Tom's Hardware PSU review.

I just can't hear it. Very happy with it... now I have to get rid of that noisy fan that came with the DIGN case... ;)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnx for your replies guys!

BTW - does anyone have any experience with the Noice Control modified Enermax PSUs?

Some of them claim 14-19dB for the ultra low noise models and 10-24 for the low noise models..

·
Registered
875 Posts
gnollo,

Dumb question, but what size are the fan spots in the DIGN case? I think the one at the front is 80, but the two in the back look like 50 or 60, but I need to know so I can buy fans for them. I think those are the only 3 spots.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hey gnollo, that power supply sounds/looks nice. Where did you get it, and did you have to buy the fan seperatly and put it on? I found the Fortan here and it's only $30, that can't be right can it?
http://www.directron.com/fsp30060atv.html

Sean

Edit: It's $27 for 1, and $53 for 2, I thought it was $53 for one. This can't be right for such a good quality PSU!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.