AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased Digital Video Essentials (NTSC Component) DVD and read on the jacket that in addition to the NTSC there is a PAL and HDTV version, so I may have bought the wrong version.

Which version of Digital Video Essentials do I need?

I will be using it to calibrate a system with a Samsung DVD-HD931 DVD player connected through a dual link DVI-D cable to a Sony KDF-70XBR950 - 70-inch XBR Grand Wega Digital Widescreen Rear Projection LCD HDTV Monitor.

I also ordered "AVIA Guide to Home Theater" and "Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune-Up". Which of the three titles is the best?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
If you are in north america, chances are that NTSC is the one you will need. PAL is a eurpoean standard that has some different specs than ours over here (5o Hz, 525 lines vs 480, etc.) I dont know how they will make a HD DVE disk, unless it will be windows media 9 content. You got the right one for your set.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The HD version is Dtheater tape for the JVC 30/40k Hidef VCRs. The NTSC DVE version is the correct one for North America,

·
Registered
149 Posts
Which HD version do I need with the JVC 30K and a Mits RPTV? The DVE webiste shows a 1080i version and a 720p version. I read the FAQ on the DVE site, but I got confused.

-Dan

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by danr1707
Which HD version do I need with the JVC 30K and a Mits RPTV? The DVE webiste shows a 1080i version and a 720p version. I read the FAQ on the DVE site, but I got confused.

-Dan
Probably depends on what you're outputting to the Mitsubishi. Are you giving it 720P or 1080i?

I'm sure whichever it is, will be the answer to your question.

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Art Sonneborn
If you are going to be using your system to just watch DVD then the DVE DVD NTSC is all you should need but if you are using it also for HD you can use the HD version. Be aware you need one of the DTheater decks ( essentially the JVC 30K or 40K) of The DTheater DVE tape will be useless.

Art

I'll agree with my friend on this one, he is a good poster besides being a good friend, let his be the one you follow.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.