AVS Forum banner

Which one is the better camcorder to get?

• Sony HDR-SR11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canon Vixia HF10

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm looking forward to purchasing a video camcorder. I've done extensive research online for video camcorders and I narrowed it between two potential camcorders...

SONY HDR-SR11

CANON VIXIA HF10

I've compared both camcorders' specs and such. I'm leaning towards to Sony's HDR-SR11 but I'm also tempted for Canon's HF10! I've gone through so many reviews through various websites (Amazon, CNET & CamcorderInfo) for these camcorders.

Both are HD camcorders and I am an HD enthusiast. The HDR-SR11 has a built-in 60GB hard drive which for me, is a must. The HF10 has 16GB internal flash memory which isn't bad. But what I AM REALLY LOOKING FOR are the features!

What makes the HDR-SR11 superior in features over the HF10 or vice versa?! This is where I need you guys...

Also price isn't an issue for me. Currently the HDR-SR11 retails for about $700 and the HF10 approximately $640 (Amazon prices).

Which one is the better camcorder?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'm in exact same situation (but I'm also considering Sony CX12) but I'm leaning more towards Sony SR11. Since PQ on both is *almost* the same, I think Sony edges over the Cannon because of its additional features like 5.1 audio (really looking forward to trying this one out), smile detection, bigger HDD, better LCD display and above all none of the noise issues (atleast I haven't read any complains about it like Cannon owners have reported)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses.

I did a good old Google search. Basically I searched up "SR-11 vs. HF10," and I got many results. Looking through them.

I'm still undecided...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts