AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently using Win DVD with a G-force 2 video card and also have Powerstrip installed. The gamma control on the powerstrip will not overlay on the DVD image with a G-force. What video card can I install to allow for Gamma control? How much would it be? Do I need to remove the old card? I have installed a memory card before without a problem, but this is the extent of my computer hardware experience. Is it a big deal to install?

I think some form of Gamma control for my Digital projector is a must.

Thanks for all of the help.

Jeff

·
Registered
686 Posts
Or...

you can use a desktop DVD, capture via a Bt878, and use Dscaler's gamma filter. This IS stretching things a bit, but using a DVI player and the new DVI capture card Dan Schmelzer is promoting the rsults should match a software decoder.

OTH, the Radeon does provide a better picture than the GeForce.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I concur with Vic. Your best bet is a Radeon-family graphics card. You can get a Radeon VE card for $47 through Pricewatch.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys.

So, this will work with the gamma control on powerstrip or does Radon have its own control?

Drake,

Is that Pricewatch.com or something?

Nobody answered if this is easy to install. Can I assume it is?

Jeff

·
Registered
817 Posts
Jeff: I have used various Radeon cards with the Plus 1100; I definitely prefer it and the ATI dvd player b/c of color saturation control as well as gamma. I switched from an rfi-modded GeForce2 card. The card is easy to install; the software player, however, may give you fits. I ultimately rebuilt a virgin HT dedicated pc. Off topic, how's the Pannie now that you've had it for a while?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim,

I still really like it. I would not want somebody to take it from me that's for sure. Also, Thanks for the info. and...

Which Radeon should I buy? All I need to do is install the card and use powerstrip for gamma? What is ATI dvd player?

Sorry. I'm fairly new to HTPC. Can you tell?

Jeff

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Jeff:

___You do have another option although under millennium, you will be rebooting to use it … I am speaking of a PCI based Radeon.

___If a single card Radeon solution is what you are looking for, VRuiz has already offered you all you need to know.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.