AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I have established that the Wii is most unforgiving on video selectors, why, because of its bright white menu screen that seems to kill the units I have tested so far.

What I need is a video selector that a number of people can verify works 100% with the Wii in 480p using component cables.

So far I have gone thru a Psyclone PSC01 and a Joytech 540C. Both of these units have issues with bright images, I have had them drop the video signal on my Xbox360 and PS3 in bright scenes and none can manage to display the main menu of the Wii which is a bright white. It is definitely not the TV or cables as connecting the consoles directly to either of two component inputs on the TV work fine.

I am now considering the Audio Authority 1154A Component Video Selector. Can anyone who has this unit and the Wii connected thru it using component comment as to whether or not it works. I would appreciate it as right now I am quite frustrated with having all this hardware and the inability to properly use it due to the poor quality of these selectors, thanks.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I will give you another option--Zektor's HDS4.1. Just a bit more money than AA's 1154A. I have one in my rack and I have an original Xbox and a 360 run through it, as well as two older dvd players/recorders (and soon to be a wii instead of one as soon as I can find one of the dang things). Solid as a rock on all selections. The advantage I see over the 1154A is that it has a remote and a selector switch, so you can switch on the fly with all sources powered on. I couldn't tell if the 1154A did that, it just looks like it switches based on signal sensing.

Zektor sells direct through their website and through some other web-based distributors (linked on their site).

Good luck!

·
Registered
428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zasy99 /forum/post/0

I am now considering the Audio Authority 1154A Component Video Selector. Can anyone who has this unit and the Wii connected thru it using component comment as to whether or not it works. I would appreciate it as right now I am quite frustrated with having all this hardware and the inability to properly use it due to the poor quality of these selectors, thanks.

I can't say from firsthand experience with our 1154A and a Wii, but Dolby Digital was running a booth at CES with all three next-gen systems connected, and was using an 1154A to switch between them.

I've heard no problems reported when using the next-gen systems in general, or the Wii in particular, with the 1154A.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.