AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read alot here on the forum about ATI Radeon cards. Wich of this cards will be the best for a high-end HTPC?? or are there other cards that have taken the lead? I am gonna run my HTPC on a ECP 4500 and like to get the best out of it. Thanks for answers

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
AFAIK, for RGBHV (or with transcoder Y/Pr/Pb) output that you'd be using with high end HTPC, it's still the ATI 7000/7200 without fan (silent), 7500 if you need slightly better 3D performance & don't mind the slight fan noise. The 8500 still has broken gamma settings.

·
Registered
408 Posts
helzerr:

the 8500's gamma is no longer broken. Right now it is my opinion that the 8500 has the PQ for dvd playback. Although that might change very soon as soon as the new matrix card is released. But that card will cost around 400 and you can pick up an 8500 for around 100 bucks these days.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Me thinks he doth protest too much :p !!! We need Sherlock Holmes for this case of the leaky Dr Watson :cool: !!!!

On second thoughts I would believe that the real ones Cliff has may even have the interlacing that some so desire... ATI often have had leaked drivers missing features...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.