AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the dilemma: the Replay 4000 series exceed the disposable income in my possession, and the Showstoppers appear to have been (pretty much) bought up. I'm leery of an ebay Showstopper because it eliminates the b & m safety net for walk in returns, etc.

What is the collective opinion of the AVS Forum: Should I wait for the subscription series Replays (whenever that may be?)

Thanks, all.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
There is no such thing as a collective opinion... there are no wrong decisions. You start out by saying you can't afford a 4000 series - well, 4500 are the same price, so start lookin on ebay I suppose :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may be ebay after all. I stopped at a BB in Fullerton, CA, and asked the sales lady to run a check for the PV-HS1000. She had one on a shelf that was noted in the computer as "unsaleable." There was one other in Torrance marked the same way. That was it for the southern CA area. Only two and they were not selling them.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Checkout the local Sears stores. I managed to buy an open box from the local Sears for $149 a few months ago. They had one in a new box for $399 and it sat there for several weeks until I got it for $179 in March. It was marked down to $299, $249, $199 and no one snapped it up. I got it during a 10% off sale. Sears is not your typical store for videophiles so you might get lucky.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, pu82: took the plunge and picked up a Showstopper at a Sears Repair and Service Center just the other day. Set it up and did the pause live tv, ff, instant replay, recorded a couple of shows, etc.

This is insanely cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.