Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question will involve a proj. even though it starts off about a RPTV

A week or so ago I was looking at the Hitachi flagship 65XWX20B demo at a Sears.

Retail is $5000, they had it for $2500. The day before I decided to get it, it was sold to a store employee.

The manager calls me this eve. and tells me that she cancelled the deal, (not moving to new house) so its still sitting in the stock area all wrapped in cardboard/plastic.

Now I can get it for $2000. I also find out its been sitting on the floor for about 6 months. I was originally told 3 months.

That means about 2000-2500 hours of use. I know most store displays have the contrast up for the lights in the store.

But, it comes with a full warrantee. Does it cover premature tube burn? I haven't found a Google answer yet

Also, they just got in the 57" version of the same TV.

I can get it for $2400 and its truly new ( maybe on the floor for 3 days).

Which is the better deal?

I am not going to have the time to check the tubes on the 65" to see if they are burnt cause I'm sure it will sell tomorrow

Is it worth the "risk" to get the 65"? or go w/ the 57" "sure thing", or go the cheaper DLP proj. route I had planned ( X1 or similar up to $2000 range), after the Hitachi sold the first time?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.