AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I am moving into a new apt and I am planning on repainting... I will be projecting right onto the wall with my Sanyo Z2 - what is the best white paint I can use for this situation? It has to be white, I can't do any of the silverish hues.

Thanks!

huggybear

·
Registered
390 Posts
You could just use Ultra Pure White and be done with it. Are you planning on painting the entire apt. the same color, or just the part you will be projecting on? UPW is ok for your screen, but I don't know if you would want all your walls that white.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gambit - this UPW, what brand is it? The only paint place I really have near me is Home Depot - do they sell it there?

I would just paint one wall with this white.

Thanks,

huggybear

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Black_Jacques - Yes, I have to stick with white unfortunately since it is an apt and that's the only color they're allowing me to use...

I will pick up some Behr Ultra Pure White (flat is the same as matte isn't it?) at Home Depot.

huggybear

·
Registered
890 Posts
You might want to mix in a small amount of pearlescent paint such as BEHR white opal pearlescent (HOME DEPOT).......about 25% pearl to UPW. This will give you a slight increase in screen gain.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I have owned a Sanyo Z2 since Nov 2001. Around the end of May I bought a 133" DaLite HiPower permwall screen, which I love. Up until then, I viewed my PJ on a wall painted with a flat white paint from Sherwin Williams (I'm Canadian and can't get Behr). Sure, the High Power certainly has more punch and clarity, but I must say that the painted wall certainly served me VERY well.

I think that as long as you go with a high quality paint, and don't go cheap. pretty much any flat white paint will be more than satisfactory. Later on, you can experiment, but if you want something immediately, just make sure you have a nice smooth surface and paint away.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Remember also that with any flat paint, you can always paint over it easily later if you want.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggybear
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Black_Jacques - Yes, I have to stick with white unfortunately since it is an apt and that's the only color they're allowing me to use...

I will pick up some Behr Ultra Pure White (flat is the same as matte isn't it?) at Home Depot.

huggybear
No. That's why some cans say"Flat" and some say "Matte" :rolleyes: :p :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.