AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to renovate my home theater and whit that's i am think about some projectors upgrade. If i will want made upgrade i will want to go some laser like JVC RS4500/Z1 but this is still over my budget. So next choice is SONY, his new model VW915/790ES have new panel and some improvement, but it's worth it compare to JVC NX7/N7?

Thank you
riddle

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,270 Posts
I'm planning to renovate my home theater and whit that's i am think about some projectors upgrade. If i will want made upgrade i will want to go some laser like JVC RS4500/Z1 but this is still over my budget. So next choice is SONY, his new model VW915/790ES have new panel and some improvement, but it's worth it compare to JVC NX7/N7?

Thank you
riddle
I don't think it really has a new panel. They've said that every yearly revision has a new panel but it never does. I value black performance and contrast. Therefore, for me, it would be NX7 all the way here.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

Thank you
riddle
I have not yet seen a 915es, but I preferred the 885es over the NX7, and assume the 915es would meet or exceed my brief experience with the 885es. I'm looking forward to being able to see a 915es in action during the holidays.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the NX5 - which more or less is the same as NX7. I had VW790 (VW915 in US) in my theater last weekend to evaluate. You can see my reflections in the VW915 thread.

If you prefer the deepest black, and a in the box DTM solution that works like a charm then NX7 would be my choise. If you prefer even sharper, more dynamic (except for the absolute deepest black) with potential more light output and world class SDR picture then Sony. To simplyfy a bit. My suggestion is as always: you must see and compare with your eyes, my prefernce is not the same as yours - we might not even see and appriciate the same things.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I don't think it really has a new panel. They've said that every yearly revision has a new panel but it never does. I value black performance and contrast. Therefore, for me, it would be NX7 all the way here.
I agree. The 'improved panel' and 'improved reality creation' gets rolled out at every release.
Indeed, this time they even said it is called 'super resolution reality creation'.... But that is what it has ALWAYS been called!
I guess they just think hardly anyone will go looking. Possibly true.
If they say the new model has 'xxxxxx' feature, then if it floats your boat why would you go looking to see if the previous model had it. No point.

Reactions: markmon1

·
Registered
394 Posts
After enjoying a Sony for years then migrating to JVC, I must say that I am enjoying the deep blacks the JVC puts on the screen immensely. As far as picking between the two models you are considering, I'll echo the advice given above -- look at both with the same content and make a choice. Both are excellent but distinct. And enjoy the process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts