AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a first generation MFW-15 with an amp that works. I have a friend who has previously expressed interest in it so I have agreed to sell it and I figured I would try a pair of Outlaws while they are on sale.

Anyway, I ordered one LFM-1 EX and one LFM-1 Plus. My room is nearly 5100 cubic feet all together (thanks to high ceilings) and I plan on placing the Plus in the front left of the room and EX in the rear right. Hopefully this dispersion will help smooth out the bass response across my room's listening positions.

Do you guys think this setup will better the performance of the single MFW-15? The Outlaws are tunable with port plugs. Should I go with max volume, or max extension?

Thanks,

Mark in GA

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
I predict that the two Outlaws will out-perform the single MFW. I am curious, though, why you didn't get a matched pair of Outlaws? That way they could be tuned the same. As to which tuning will work best for you, it depends on your room and your taste. The only way to know for sure is to try them out different ways. That's part of the fun.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't get a matched pair of the larger EX's simply because it won't fit in the space I have available in the front. The slightly smaller Plus will fit. The larger EX would fit in the back, so I went for it. Hopefully they will still blend together OK.

Mark in GA

·
Registered
2,852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in GA /forum/post/18314694

I didn't get a matched pair of the larger EX's simply because it won't fit in the space I have available in the front. The slightly smaller Plus will fit. The larger EX would fit in the back, so I went for it. Hopefully they will still blend together OK.

Mark in GA

I have a pair of each sub and they work great together! Look forward to seeing you over at the Outlaw thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=848339

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I'd have to go with the dual Outlaws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts