AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay I can either get a 42" Plasma EDTV or a 1-1.5K LCD probably 32" like the Winbook.

I want it for a HTPC. And PC and Xbox games.

The best image i've seen is when i run HD xbox or PC on a infocus X1.

The image is soo bright and sharp. Which technology can get me closest to that image.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just bought the Winbook 32" and I love this thing, I currently have a Mac Mini connected to it and a Xbox. If you are going to be connecting the TV to a computer i'd recommenc getting the winbook over a EDTV. I currently run the computer at 1360x768 and it looks just like a computer monitor...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The advice to get the most pixels you can is good advice. I doubt that you would enjoy working on an EDTV as a computer monitor for a long period of time if it involves looking at text.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I guess for a pc it makes more sense to go with lcd due to burn in. However I dont see the same vibrant punchy picture that i see with plasma. Maybe its just me.

Maybe it was just me, i saw an edtv samsung at my friends house and you should have seen the blues it was "glorious"

The only winbook ive seen was at microcenter. I know they split the image into like 5 tv's. Its probably not a fair comparison.

Maybe i can force them to hook up a direct feed.

Any other alternative technologies around the same size and price?

Are tube tv's any good anymore? For ease of pc hookup.

Any other thoughts? thanks again.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I would steer clear of Plasma for your uses, too much risk for too little reward. A flat panel LCD is the PERFECT display for your needs. You can get a 32" Aquos at Costco for your price range. It is miles better than a Winbook. It also has multiple component, HDMI, and DVI for the PC. You can 1:1 pixel map @ 1368X768 or 1366X768 all day long.

I'm using the Aquos LC-32D5U for my PC, Xbox, and HD-SAT at the moment. No regrets. People are blown away seeing the sharp as a tack desktop & Xbox games. Don't get me wrong, Plasma IS awesome. I have a Pioneer 5050HD in my Den. I would never use it for PC & games though.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Panasonic's TH-42PWD8UK plasma claims "Newly developed phosphor boosts resistance to static-image burning to the same level as CRT displays".

I use my TH-42HWD6UY for lots of gaming and computer use with no burn in over the 20 months I've owned it. I use the wobbler and some common sense.

Some of the fast paced 3D games make me a bit sick if I play too long. Possibly too big a screen :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.